Thursday, November 4, 2010

About feeling good

3 November 2010

Well, talking about feeling good, Mike darling & I made some contributions for good cause yesterday. Honestly it was by far the largest amount of personal contribution that I have made in my 31 years for some good cause considering that most of my money earned is spent on shopping and going into the pockets of the rich merchants at the Spring shopping mall and fancy restaurants. The feeling after making the contribution? Good, period. It was indescribable feeling. Friends and siblings who have known me would have known that I normally question everything and anything when it comes to forking out money from my pocket, well except anything to do with retail therapy and food but this time, I'm very glad that all this was done anonymously and without hesitation but with a big, care and conscience. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to brag that I'm a very charitable person or anything like that. I just thought of sharing my experience with you on doing something I have never done before and how this actually made me feel so good. It is something which most of us do not realise that as we grow older, we have 2 hands, one for helping ourselves and the other for helping others and I'm glad that I just did that. Every little contributions counts, every little money that goes for a good cause will never go unnoticed by Buddha and this is one principle that I hold very dear to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment